Buchanan & Curwen – Our history Over 100 years dedicated to excellence and service
In 1895 two apprentices at Bristol based electrical contractors Drake and Gorham decided to set up their own business. Upon completion of their training, Harry Buchanan and Charles Curwen joined forces and Buchanan opened an office in Bristol while Curwen moved to London to open the Head office in Victoria Street.
In 1907 a further branch was opened in Leatherhead bringing leading edge design and installation services to homes, businesses and industrial premises. This highly successful venture saw the creation of Buchanan & Curwen Group, an umbrella under which the company could promote its individual expertise in electrical systems.